Cancers Selected for Study
The Cancer Genome Atlas (TCGA) has chosen cancers for study based on specific criteria that include:
- Poor prognosis and overall public health impact
- Availability of human tumor and matched-normal tissue samples that meet TCGA standards for patient consent, quality and quantity
Below is a list of cancers that have been selected for study based on the criteria outlined above. The TCGA program has collected the necessary quality and quantity of samples for these cancers to move them into the TCGA project pipeline. Scheduling for sequencing and characterization for these cancers will be dependent on the capacity of the project pipeline. To view TCGA's clinical data forms, please visit the Biospecimen Core Resource's website.
TCGA is no longer accepting additional samples for characterization.
Analysis is underway in the following Analysis Working Groups (AWGs):
- Cervical cancer
- Esophageal carcinoma
- Liver hepatocellular carcinoma
- Pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma
- Paraganglioma & Pheochromocytoma
- Prostate adenocarcinoma
- Testicular germ cell cancer
- Uterine carcinosarcoma
- Uveal melanoma
For more information about the AWGs, please email email@example.com.