Genome Data Analysis Centers
The use of novel technologies, the need to integrate different data types and the immense quantity of data generated by The Cancer Genome Atlas (TCGA) Research Network led to an expansion of the TCGA Research Network to include new centers devoted to data analysis. The Genome Data Analysis Centers (GDACs) worked hand-in-hand with the Genome Characterization Centers (GCCs) to develop state-of-the-art tools that assist researchers with processing and integrating data analyses across the entire genome.
The TCGA GDACs are:
- Broad Institute, Cambridge, Mass.
Lynda Chin, M.D.
Gad Getz, Ph.D.
- Institute for Systems Biology, Seattle, Wash.
University of Texas/M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas
Ilya Shmulevich, Ph.D.
Wei Zhang, Ph.D.
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, N.Y.
Chris Sander, Ph.D.
Marc Ladanyi, M.D.
- Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Ore.
Paul Spellman, Ph.D
- University of California, Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz, Calif.
Buck Institute for Research on Aging, Novato, Calif.
David Haussler, Ph.D.
Christopher Benz, Ph.D.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, N.C.
D. Neil Hayes, M.D., M.P.H.
- University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas
John Weinstein, M.D., Ph.D.
Gordon Mills, M.D., Ph.D.
W.K. Alfred Yung, M.D.